NEW MOON [1 Aquarius 33]
January 21, 2023 (20:53 GMT)
This weekend, there’s a New Moon, which in itself is a powerful symbol for a new beginning and a significant time to make a fresh start.
This New Moon falls in star sign Aquarius, ruling friends, groups and the collective. It’s a networking and social New Moon in the star sign linked to technology, astrology and all things modern.
Plus, this New Moon signifies a proper start to 2023. Action planet Mars was retrograde until January 12th and communication planet Mercury was retrograde until January 18th. Retrograde planets can slow you down and impede your progress.
Finally, New Moon energy is here and it’s all systems go. As Aquarius is the future-oriented star sign, it’s an ideal Moon to set your intentions not only for the month ahead but the year ahead as well.
New Moon energy kicks in a couple of days after the exact date/time of the New Moon. Keep an eye out for the crescent Moon in the night sky which will appear early next week. Make a wish and set your intentions.
New Moon energy continues for the next couple of weeks and all the planets currently have a free run through the zodiac.
In fact, from January 22nd, there are no retrograde planets at all until Mercury turns retrograde again on April 21st. This is a fantastic forward-moving period in the year so make the most of it.
The Uranus Factor
This New Moon has extra buzz because, the following day January 22nd, the planet of innovation Uranus turns direct. This is the third planet in January to switch to forward motion, another green light and significant turning point.
Uranus is co-ruler of Aquarius and linked to the New Moon activity. Uranus is the rebel planet, the inventor, the disruptor, the square peg in the round hole. If ever there was a time to stand out from the crowd and do something different, something unique, this is it. Listen out for those ‘light bulb’ moments.
You may not feel you fit it in but does it matter? You may be full of ideas and want them to happen now, overnight. You might worry you’re going out on a limb and no-one will understand you. There’s an eccentric quality to this month’s New Moon. Yet, sometimes, the best ideas are ahead of their time.
Also, it’s important to note that the closest planetary aspect to the New Moon is a good one, a helpful sextile aspect to Jupiter. The Moon & Jupiter come together at the weekend and, next week on January 25th, the planetary aspect between the Sun & Jupiter perfects.
The Sun represents energy, vitality and light and Jupiter expands what it touches. The Sun in Aquarius, one of the air signs, represents the airwaves, networks and collaborative ventures.
Jupiter is bold in fire sign Aries, the trailblazer and pioneer ready to leap in and take risks and have adventures. This is a lovely symbol for friendship and being around people who lift your spirits. It’s a positive time to breathe some life into your hopes and wishes for 2023.
Jupiter is a reminder that luck is an attitude. When you have a big vision, a willingness to take risks, belief in what you’re doing, plus strong self-belief, then luck and opportunity will find you.
Find your tribe, be innovative and different and line up some future goals on the back of this New Moon.
This could be a great time for online initiatives, as Aquarius rules technology. Make waves in your community. Encourage change and join in with progressive and future-oriented protests and activities.
Where The New Moon Falls In Your Horoscope
Read both your Sun sign & your Ascendant sign. This is where the New Moon in Aquarius is encouraging you to set some new intentions.
- Aquarius – 1st house – personal goals/aims, physical body, image & self-perception
- Pisces – 12th house – sacrifice, inner work, a spiritual retreat, caring for self & others
- Aries – 11th house – friends, groups, politics, social causes, hopes & wishes
- Taurus – 10th house – career & vocation, status & reputation, authorities, future goals
- Gemini – 9th house – travel, study, the bigger picture, life’s meaning & purpose
- Cancer – 8th house – joint finances & shared resources, taboo, all things hidden & mysterious
- Leo – 7th house – relationships, both personal & professional, contracts, enemies
- Virgo – 6th house – work & routine, lifestyle & health, service to others
- Libra – 5th house – children & creativity, love affairs & luck, fun & entertainment
- Scorpio – 4th house – home & family, the past, your legacy, where you come from
- Sagittarius – 3rd house – communication, siblings, neighbours, community, your voice
- Capricorn – 2nd house – money & possessions, values & self-worth
The post New Moon Aquarius: New Beginnings appeared first on Sally Kirkman Astrologer.